This website – www.DonateLifeTexas.org (the “Site”) – is owned and operated by Donate Life Texas, Inc. (DLT) which is the 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization designated by Texas Health and Safety Code §692A.020 for the administration and operation of the Glenda Dawson Donate Life Texas Organ, Eye and Tissue Donor Registry (the “Registry”).
The Site does not collect users’ personal information unless it is provided voluntarily by the user. Site users are not required to provide any information they do not wish to. Those who choose to register legal consent for posthumous organ, eye and tissue donation with the Registry must submit personal information in order to complete the donor registration process.
Note: This policy does not apply whenever visitors leave the DLT domains and follow a link to another site. DLT is responsible for the content of this website. However, the Site contains links to other web sites for which DLT is not responsible for either the content of or privacy practices employed by those sites.
- Your Personal Information – In the course of using the Site to register to donate, DLT may ask you to provide information such as your name, address, email, phone number, gender, ethnicity and place of birth, along with information such as date of birth, social security number, driver’s license or personal identification number and mother’s maiden name. You will also be asked to specify from a list which organs and tissues you would like to donate and for what purpose. Participation in this registration is voluntary. DLT will not obtain personal information about you when you visit the site unless you voluntarily choose to provide such information.
- Site Usage Information – Whenever you use the Site, certain types of internet usage information may be received and stored; information from your browser, including but not limited to your IP address, pages visited, the length of time you spend on the site, type of browser software and operating system you are using, internet domain through which you access the internet and files you download, which are recorded in the website server logs. However, no personal information is collected during the tracking process.
- Email Information – During the course of registration, DLT may send you emails or you may send emails to DLT. DLT keeps track of these emails and information associated with these emails.
If information is submitted, such information may be used to:
- Verify or confirm the registration status of a prospective donor
- Create a legal Document of Gift for a prospective donor
- Add, remove, confirm or modify an individual’s registration record with their express written consent and confirmation of identification
- Determine the efficacy of community education and public awareness efforts, as permitted by Texas law and in a de-identified, aggregated form
- Contact individuals and/or family members for Registry purposes as allowed under Texas law
- To otherwise further your organ, eye and/or tissue donation or answer any questions related thereto
- Conduct research
- Provide anonymous reporting for internal and external use
- Provide anonymous information for preparation and distribution of educational materials
- Help DLT maintain the Site, ensure the Site is working properly and help DLT make the Site more accessible and useful
DLT will not provide, sell, rent or market Your Personal Information to third parties except: (1) to further your organ, eye and/or tissue donation; (2) to agents, website vendors and/or contractors who may use it on DLT’s behalf or in connection with their relationship with DLT; (3) in response to a validly-issued subpoena, court order, or other legal process; (4) when necessary to establish or exercise DLT’s legal rights or defend against legal action; (5) where you request DLT to do so; (6) if DLT believes in good faith that sharing the information is necessary to protect DLT’s rights or property; or (7) as required by law, in a matter of public safety or policy.
DLT maintains reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the information that you provide on this Site. However, no security system is impenetrable and DLT cannot guarantee the security of the Site nor can DLT guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet, and DLT is not liable for the illegal acts of third parties such as criminal hackers.